Saturday, October 5th, 2013
This morning Susan Hillis asked and answered, “Which of us was transformed by our own power from an orphan to a child of God? None of us, of course. We are adopted into God’s family only by the power of God.
“Neither can our children transform themselves from orphans to children of our families or of God’s. That too is by the power of God.”
As one might expect at an adoption conference, there are a lot of practical how-to sessions. But as I look over the list of breakouts offered at the T4A conference this year, I see a lot that are focused at the parents’ hearts, emotions, and spirits in relationship to God as the firm ground under our parenting and decision-making.
- Getting over myself
- Principles of spiritual warfare applied to adoption
- How we love when the story is struggling
- Fear–not-so-common discussion regarding all-too-common concerns
- Gospel rest for weary moms
- Seeking God’s heart as we nurture the little hearts he’s placed in our families
- Praising Christ–The engine that powers our pilgrimage
- When your heart collides with the heart of God
- Brokenhearted–Walking with the Man of Sorrows.
I see here what we know we need and need to pray for, as Susan said it: “We cannot love from an empty cistern, But God’s fountain keeps filling us.”
If you couldn’t be here or couldn’t get to all the breakouts you wanted to or you want to hear your favorite sessions again, Mp3 downloads of the breakouts and main sessions will be available soon to purchase.
Susan: “We are fed to feed; raised to raise; loved to love.”
A couple years ago, I told our own adoption story. It begins here.
Use one of the Subscribe to Noel Piper links to the right so you’ll always know when there’s something new here.
4 Responses to “T4A: Filled at God’s fountain”
Leave a Reply