Monday, February 15th, 2010
Johnny and I are at JFK on our way to Cairo.
We’ll be thankful for your prayers. Sometimes there are important things happening that it’s hard to leave.
Johnny is scheduled to be one of the Bible expositors for Lausanne 2010. He and the others are gathering to get acquainted, to strengthen a common vision, and to study Ephesians together. That’s the main purpose of the trip.
But what else? Lord willing . . .
- Johnny will preach Sunday, 2/21, 7 pm, at Heliopolis Presbyterian Church.
- We will visit with a person from our church who is studying in Cairo.
- There will be a visit to Muqattam, the garbage village, to see a bit of what God is doing there, including the amazing Saint Simeon’s Church.
- And we will keep praying that God will open our hearts, minds, and mouths for the sake of the Kingdom wherever we are.
- Of course we hope to visit the Egyptian Museum and to go to Giza to see the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx.
AND, don’t forget camels.
I haven’t tasted camel meat yet, and I think it’s time. It’s standard fare at feasts in Arab countries.
Also, I’ve been in an Arab country before and have ridden a camel. But Johnny hasn’t. Wouldn’t that be the perfect climax to a slide show?–My husband and I side by side on our camels, loping across the sands into the sunset (don’t forget the sunset!)?
12 Responses to “Don’t forget camels!”
Leave a Reply